Sketch challenge

Sometimes it's difficult to design a different layout for every card. So today I decided to use a sketch and design today's card around the sketch.



The sketch was designed by Mary Fish, a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator from USA.

A friend of mine Kate suggested using the pot from the Crafting Forever stamp set as a plant pot, so I stamped this onto some of the Wood Textures DSP Stack and cut out.

The papers for the background on the card are from the Petal Garden paper stack.  These stacks are such good value, £9 for 48 sheets of 6x6" papers.

I've used a square of Pear Pizzazz card as a Matt, Pear pizzazz is my favourite green out of all of the SU colours. It's such a subtle green which coordinates with so many of the SU colour range.

I chose a light background as this contrasted with the green but isn't overpowering on the card. Using the largest circle stitched framelits I cut out 3 circles, 1 in whisper white and 2 in the patterned papers from Petal Garden stack.

To finish the cards, I used the framelits Bouquet Bunch Framelits to cut the flowers and greenery.

I hope that you like my card today. I would love to hear if you've had a play and made a card using the sketch above.

Thank you x

Nikki xx


Comments

Popular Posts