FLOWERS FLOWERS FLOWERS



Welcome to my new Blog - Nikki's Creative Stamping.  As a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator I use Stampin' Up! stamps, cardstock, inks, ribbons, embellishments as I love the quality, colour co-ordination and range.

Hopefully you will enjoy the projects that I share on here.  Happy reading. x

To start my blogging journey I thought I would share some projects I have been working on.  As you can see I love flowers - both in my garden and in my crafting. 





I took some photos earlier tis week of the summer flowers, and decided to create a scrapbook page using the Memories and More Cards, Color Theory Set, as these are perfect as an accent to my floral photos in my scrapbooking.

In addition to using the cards I have added in some Berry Burst Cardstock and Color Theory Paper Stack.  Berry Burst is my absolute favourite colour at the moment, and this set works so well with my style of crafting.



Stampin'Up! floral stampsets are always a hit with me, and I have 3 favourites at the moment - Tranquil Tulips, Bunch of Blossoms and Jar of Love. 



The Jar of Love set is so versatile, making it so easy to use along side the other stamp sets.



A card box is a great way to protect your cards, but is a present in itself when decorated. Recently I saw a bouquet of paper flowers from a fellow demonstrator which gave me the idea for the bouquet here.  The box has been decorated with Berry Burst as the key colour, co-ordinating with the other 2017-19 In Colours Lemon Lime Twist, Fresh Fig, Powder Pink and Tranquil Tide.

The wrapper for the flowers was created using a small square of In Colours DSP Stack in Powder Pink, rolled simply to make a bouquet.  I have added the Lemon Lime Twist Ombre Ribbon as an accent on the bouquet.  I have used a piece of the Berry Burst Finely Woven Ribbon to decorate the box itself.

I'm not a fan of fussy cutting, but the Tranquil Tulips & foliage are so easy to fussy cut, that I couldn't resist stamping lots of flowers, and cutting them to create a lovely 3 dimensional bouquet effect which I hope you can see in the photo below. 



Lemon Lime Twist looks great for foliage, and all 3 of the Fresh Fig, Powder Pink and Berry Burst inks to stamp the flowers.  In all 3 cards the jar is from the Jar of Love in Crumb Cake, highlighted with the Clear Wink of Stella.







The Tranquil Tulips set is my favourite set at the moment, and this card is created using the In-colours as I love them soooo much.  I've used the Berry Burst as the main colour for the card, with flowers in the 3 pinks - Fresh Fig, Powder Pink and Berry Burst.  I've used Tranquil Tide as the leaves in this card.  As an accent I have added a strip of the In Colour DSP and ribbon.

 



The Jar of Love card is created using Powder Pink as the main colour, with flowers stamped in Powder Pink and Berry Burst.  Accents have been added in Powder Pink.



The Bunch Of Blossoms card is created with Fresh Fig as the key colour.  When stamping the flowers the fresh fig was a bit too dark, so using the "stamping off" technique, the colour is much more muted on the flowers at the front.  The flowers at the back are stamped first in Berry Burst, with 2 layers of Fresh Fig to finish off the 3 step stamping.




I love to try different techniques, with 1 project of choice at the moment being Stamping on candles.  I've used the Tranquil Tulips Stamp set with In-colours, to stamp onto Tissue Paper, which i have then wrapped around the candle and then carefully applied my heat tool to melt the tissue paper into the wax of the candle.  I think it's a stunning way to use the stamp sets as a home decor item. 



My last project, is a photo frame that I made to go in our living room - the main colour is Rich Razzleberry as this co-ordinates with our colour scheme, but I think it shows how the stamps can be used effectively in a number of different ways. 


The side "trellis" has been created using the Eclectic Layers Thinlets, by running the thinlet through the Big Shot and lining up the die with the cut out shape to extend the pattern to each side, above and below the initial cut.  I love the effect you can achieve, and it shows how you can use the Stampin' Up! dies in various different ways.

 







Thank you for taking the time to read through my page, and see my creations.  I hope you have enjoyed sharing my creations, and can see how versatile our stampsets can be.

If you would like any information regarding the above projects, joining my team or purchasing online please do not hesitate to conact me.

 Nikki Joyce

07581 348397 / joycenicola23@gmail.com

Comments

  1. Lovely, Good Luck with your blog!
    Nancy Ferb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - sorry for the delay I've just worked out how to publish a reply x

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to more gardens growing! good luck with the blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - sorry for the delay I've just worked out how to publish a reply x

      Delete
  3. What a fabulous post full of beautiful creations. Your bouquets are gorgeous. I am wishing you lots of luck with your blog. I'm glad you joined our color challenge this week at TGIF. Smiles, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely feedback. Looking forward to making lots more creations very soon. Thank you

      Delete
  4. Wow! I am so excited to see another Stampin' blog be born! Your projects here are beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing with us over at TGIF Challenges! We look forward to having you join us again soon! 💖

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you x looking forward to joining more challenges too x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts