Explosion Boxes with Celebration Cakes



I have seen lots of lovely Explosion Boxes on Pinterest, that have wedding cakes or birthday cakes inside them.  Plenty of the cakes are round - which I thought was a bit tricky and so I decided to try a square 3 tiered cake first. I think I am addicted and have made 2 explosion boxes today.


Here are the explosion boxes I have made today.




The Explosion Box doesn't give any indication of the contents until you take the lid off.
The Petal Garden 6"x 6" DSP Stack has lovely coloured backgrounds and floral images.  There are various sized images, which allows you to use the papers on a number of different projects.

Inside I have used coordinating colours to bring out the patterns from the papers, and punched small flowers in Calypso Coral which works well with the DSP.
The pearls create a luxurious centre to the flowers. 

The 2 styles of ribbon add an elegant touch to the cake layers.

Now having become addicted to creating explosion boxes with cakes, I decided to create another using the Daisy 12"x12" papers, alongside the Daffodil Delight Stitched ribbons.  I used the same punch to create the flowers, however, I used a combination of So Saffron and Wisteria Wonder to tie the flowers into the papers.  Again I used gems to create the centres of the flowers.


I hope you like the projects from today.  I have had lots of fun making these.


Enjoy.
Nikki x

Comments

Popular Posts